EFFECTIVE DATE: December 2018
The Buyer/Planner shall plan, initiate and coordinate the procurement and planning of materials critical to the effective functioning of the company operations. With assistance from the procurement management team the Buyer/Planner will develop a supply plan for individual or multiple business units; maintain and improve the supply chain planning process; monitor performance, identify and recommend action plan(s) to insure material needs are achieved and optimum utilization is maintained.
- Serve as a key link between engineers and suppliers, to satisfy customer demand in a timely manner, provide product availability feedback to engineers and work closely to expedite orders when necessary. Involve the Manager when warranted.
- Initiate procurement of components, spare parts, and equipment for office and laboratory as part of the Procurement team.
- Ensure purchases reflect the optimum combination of price, quality, and delivery, protecting the company’s interests by minimizing overall costs and avoiding losses attributable to consumable shortages.
- Assist with the maintenance of ERP Software. This will include standard language with part descriptions, body of PO, and keeping all part numbers, pricing, and descriptions up to date.
- Reconcile order discrepancies working with Accounting and vendors. This will include, contacting vendors to reconcile discrepancies, communicating with Accounting, and tracking delivery and/or return of item(s).
- Perform special projects as requested by Management.
- Perform periodic cycle counting of inventory when requested.
- Process work orders and inventory transactions utilizing the ERP system.
- Kit material required for the production of assigned products.
- Supply Chain, Operations Research, Management Science or similar degree preferred.
- 3-5+ years of experience in procurement, planning, inventory management or related function.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong collaboration, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suites, particularly Excel.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.