Electrical Engineer – Hardware/Firmware
Advion is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for hardware/firmware. The successful candidate will have a broad knowledge of analog and digital circuit design, embedded hardware and firmware development, strong electronics assembly skills and experience with system debugging and troubleshooting.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Design, develop, improve, and maintain hardware and firmware for both existing and next-generation Advion products in an embedded environment
- Design analog and digital PCBs
- New board bring-up, debug and test hardware from prototype to manufacturing release
- Experience working with microcontrollers, schematic and PCB design, and communication interfaces such as RS-232 is required.
- Participate in engineering teams, projects, and task-forces (as assigned) to develop products and resolve existing challenges.
- U.S. Citizenship or lawful permanent residency required.
- BA/BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- 4+ years of relevant experience, including embedded systems and electronics design
- Strong knowledge of C.
- Knowledge of analog and RF circuit designs
- Experience developing firmware for embedded devices
- Mass Spectrometer experience is highly desirable
- Proficient with embedded system (hardware and firmware) development tools.
- Excellent ability in troubleshooting and creative problem solving
Advion offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plans, and a strong team environment. Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.