Advion Interchim Scientific is a global life science company that delivers tailored instrument, reagent and consumable solutions for identification, quantification, and purification of chemical compounds. Our unrivaled portfolio ranges from media and columns to consumables accessories and instruments for flash chromatography, preparative chromatography, analytical (U)HPLC and mass spectrometry, coupled with intelligent applications and software
As the Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of highly qualified engineers and technicians responsible for designing and developing new consumable and instrument products. This position will deploy mechanical, electromechanical, electrical, electronic and software engineering resources and be responsible for maintenance and direction of the R&D department within the US. The position will manage internal engineering resources and coordinate external resources where necessary.
The position will manage projects to develop new products from inception to delivery to production, following the company’s Product Development Process (PDP). In this capacity the position will work with many other functional areas within the company including product management, manufacturing, quality, application scientists, service, marketing, and finance.
The position will also be responsible for specifying, gaining, and maintaining necessary regulatory compliance for global instrument sales including, but not limited to: CE, WEEE, RoHS, FCC and other national compliance requirements.
The Engineering Manager, US position manages a group responsible for developing, testing, documenting, and transferring to production, new products. In this leadership role they are expected to provide project management for new product projects and, where necessary, provide their own engineering expertise in support of the projects.
- Manage and maintain the US R&D team of engineers
- Create, validate, and document new products and support transfer to production and service of new products
- Adhere to the company’s PDP and provide input and feedback for continuous improvement of the processes
- Provide Project Management for new product development projects
- Matrix management of cross-functional teams in support of new product development
- Plan and budget for new product development projects
- Manage regulatory compliance for new and existing products
- Communicate plans and progress to senior management
- Maintain suitable on-site facilities
- Individual engineering contribution
- Ability to manage several competing projects and priorities at once
- Reports to VP Global Research and Development
- Internal: Senior Management, US R&D resources, functional heads, scientists and sustaining engineers
- External: Subcontractors, vendors and other deign partners
MEASURES OF EFFECTIVENESS:
- Successful, on time, delivery of project plan deliverables and new products
- Adherence to project schedule and budget
- Ease of manufacture and reliability of new instrument products
- Innovative solutions for new products
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelors degree, or higher, in an engineering discipline, preferably mechanical or electrical, and 5+ years of management experience.
- Strong project and personnel management skills are essential.
- This position will be based in Ithaca, NY .