Field Service Engineer
Advion is currently seeking a Field Service Engineer to join our expanding team. Ideally, this position will be based in the mid-west.
- Provides on-site installation, maintenance, modification and repair service to ensure Advion’s customers receive the maximum benefit from their Advion mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography products.
- Provides detailed, on-site training on all aspects of the equipment’s use.
- Establishes and maintains customer satisfaction with the continued performance of their Advion products.
- Plans and prepares the necessary parts, test equipment, technical documentation, etc. to complete daily field service activities.
- Completes and submits the necessary documentation (field service reports, expense reports, quality reports, etc.) in a timely fashion in order to generate customer billings and to provide technical feedback on product reliability or quality issues.
- Maintains and expands technical knowledge through attendance in training and in self-study.
- Maintains awareness of new technical information, policy and procedures, and quality issues through regular contact with management, sales, and engineering personnel.
- Maintains effective communications with sales personnel to exploit sales opportunities and to resolve customer problems.
- Assist sales through conducting requested service calls as well as providing joint demonstration calls to customers’ sites and trade shows.
- Ensures that tools, test equipment, parts, etc. are properly maintained and organized to provide maximum efficiency.
- Engineering or science degree in relevant area and/or relevant experience.
- Knowledge in some area of mass spectrometry and/or preparative/process liquid chromatography (HPLC, Flash, TLC) is highly desirable
- Experience with both electrical and mechanical engineering preferred; must have field service experience and ability to leverage engineering basics and computer skills
- Experience in chemistry and analytical instrumentation preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Advion’s customer base and in-house personnel.
- Requires 90% travel. May require occasional international travel
- Familiarity with SalesForce and Service Lightning is a plus
Advion offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plans, and a strong team environment. Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.