General Manager (China)
The General Manager China will have overall responsibility for conducting market research and identifying market opportunities, developing and implementing commercial strategies, and promoting and expanding the company’s commercial activity in order to generate revenues and attain sustainable growth in China.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Sales, Marketing and Service
- Managing sales and marketing operations of analytical equipment with the goal of 5x market growth rate and profitability.
- Implementing sales promotional activities as a part of product launch, brand building and market development effort.
- Identifying and developing key accounts and managing them directly and through respective sales manager in the territory
- Meeting and exceeding quarterly and yearly sales targets for each of the product lines
- Appointing and monitoring channel sales and marketing activities of distributors within China; implementing effective sales and marketing strategies to maximise sales and accomplishment of revenue and collection targets.
- Identifying prospective clients, generating business from the existing clientage, thereby achieving business targets.
- Building and maintaining healthy business relations with major clients, ensuring maximum customer satisfaction by achieving delivery & quality norms.
- Leading & monitoring the performance of team members to ensure efficiency in sales, marketing and service operations and meeting of individual & group targets.
- Conducting meetings for setting up sales objectives and designing or streamlining processes to ensure smooth functioning of business operations.
PRE-REQUISITE QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIRED SKILLS:
- A proven leader with a minimum 7 years’ experience in business development, sales, marketing, customer relationship management & team management within analytical instruments sector in China.
- Ideal candidate should have expertise in targeted market plan preparation and execution and proven ability to accurately forecast and achieve the pre-set sales & profitability targets.
- Previous experience in flash/prep liquid chromatography and Mass Spec technologies will be a plus.
- Ability to support and sustain a positive work environment that fosters team performance with strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Ability to draft clear business plans and align them with company’s overall objectives and strategy.
- Ability to speak English and/or French is a plus.
- Up to 75% travel within China is expected.
- Graduate level education in Chemistry and previous experience in chemistry lab will be a plus