Manufacturing Test Technician
Advion Interchim Scientific, with North American headquarters in Ithaca, NY, is a technology company focused on leading-edge life science instrumentation and consumable products that improve lives. Our products are found throughout the world, from pharmaceutical companies to leading research universities. We passionately work to support our customers, facilitate global change and continuous forward progress.
Our team designs, develops, and manufactures a wide portfolio of laboratory instruments that ranges from media and columns to consumables, accessories, and instruments for flash chromatography, preparative (U)HPLC, analytical (U)HPLC, mass spectrometry, ICP-MS, coupled with intelligent apps and software. We are currently seeking to fill the following position, and the successful candidate will be eligible for a $1000 signing bonus:
Manufacturing Technician II – Instruments
- Perform electrical and mechanical assembly and test operations for mechanical, electro-mechanical and pneumatic assemblies, and sub-assemblies in accordance with engineering drawings and work instructions.
- Perform assembly operations for wiring and harness sub-assemblies and assemblies in accordance with engineering drawings and work instructions.
- Perform soldering operations to meet industry standards (J-STD and/or IPC 610)
- Fully and accurately complete all required documentation of work (written and electronic) per procedures.
- Assist with resolving documentation issues or manufacturing quality problems
- Perform in-process product testing to documented quality control procedures prior to transfer to systems test
- Perform other, ad hoc activities as needed to support the manufacturing and plant operations.
- Assists in maintaining an adequate inventory of supplies related to manufacturing operations.
- Clean workshop spaces, including bench, parts bins, and storage shelves. Maintain the work center in a safe and orderly manner.
This position will report directly to the Director, Manufacturing.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent and 2 years’ experience or equivalent combination of school and experience.
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings and follow both written and verbal work instructions.
- Basic computer skills such as MS Work and MS Excel to enter data, complete and document work.
Advion Interchim Scientific offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plans and a strong team environment. Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please visit us at www.advion-interchim.com to learn more about our company and our tailored solutions to improve our customers’ most challenging identification, quantification, and purification needs with our broad range of innovative instruments, consumables, reagents, and scientific expertise. Advion Interchim Scientific is an EOE.
Advion Interchim Scientific is the market-facing name of a partnership between Advion, Inc. and Interchim SAS, separate companies that have agreed to market and distribute their products together.