Product Manager, Preparative and Flash Chromatography, North America
The Product Manager is responsible for the specifications, functionality, performance, pricing, and positioning of the assigned product line in the market and provides content to the Marketing & Communication group for promotion. The Product Manager is ultimately responsible for the business results of the product line. The responsibility exists throughout the entire life cycle of the product from initial inception, through development, launch, and the end of product life.
Up to 33% overnight travel may be required, working onsite with customers or participating in scientific conferences and meetings. Some of this travel may be international.
- Interact with customers and the North American market to propose specifications for future products and to enhance current products and open new markets.
- Participate with the group of Product Managers in the definition, development, and launch of products (in accordance with the new product process).
- Manage price lists and part numbers through the ERP and CRM systems
- Manage the North American requirements for ongoing Product Care of the assigned product line
- Interact with Marketing Communications to develop effective marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Drive new product applications to develop markets and enhance sales.
- Positioning of the product(s) relative to competing products and technologies
- Act as internal and external product champion for the assigned product(s) – be the ‘one-stop-shop’ for all information on the product line.
- Understand and adapt to changing market and environmental conditions affecting the product line.
- Manage product(s) and consumables effectively throughout the entire life cycle; including product sales volumes, usage, costs, and revenues.
- Communicate effectively with senior management regarding product and market information issues
- Higher degree in a suitable scientific field with significant, progressively responsible experience with product management and/or marketing (five or more years preferred).
- Proven management experience. Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
- The position is based in Ithaca, NY, and requires up to 33% travel.
Advion offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plans, and a strong team environment. Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.