Advion Interchim Scientific (AIS) with North American headquarters in Ithaca, NY, designs, develops, and manufactures mass spectrometers, chip-based ion sources, and liquid chromatography – based separation systems for the life sciences and related industries. We are the growing supplier of choice for our industrial and academic customers who are demanding accurate mass analysis, higher synthetic yields/throughput, natural product isolation and more productive research and scale-up. We are currently seeking to fill the following position in Ithaca:
Software Developer (Java/C++/C#)
The Software Developer is responsible for designing, developing, and testing software products that are primarily used in complex laboratory instruments (e.g. mass spectrometry and chromatography related systems) for instrument control, data acquisition, and post-data analysis.
- Develop high-quality, high performance software components for Advion’s instrument product lines.
- Work across all phases of the software lifecycle, including investigation and requirements gathering through design, implementation, testing, and release.
- Test/troubleshoot software in the system to differentiate hardware, firmware, and software problems.
- Execute design and release verification and validation protocols.
- Support OEMs’ application development using Advion’s API.
- Maintain existing C/C++ /Java/C# product line code for Windows and Linux platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering field.
- Proficient in C++/Java/C# programming and Object-Oriented Design.
- Proficient with software development tools including integrated development environments (MS Visual Studio, Eclipse) and source code control tools.
- Clear understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Positive attitude and ability to participate in multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 3+ years coding in C++, C#, and/or Java
- 1+ years graphical user interface (GUI) design
- 1+ years writing software to interface with laboratory instruments
- Strong fundamental base: Operating Systems, Computer Architecture, USB Communication, Basic Electronics
- Analytical laboratory techniques such as mass spectrometry or liquid chromatography
- Installer tools such as WiX or InstallShield
Advion offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plans, and a strong team environment. Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit us at www.advion.com to learn more our company and our revolutionary, new compact mass spectrometer, the expression CMS. Advion Interchim Scientific is an EOE.