The Applications Scientist will develop applications and perform sample preparation and MS analysis in the key disciplines of:
- Reaction monitoring in flow and batch chemistry by LC/MS and flow injection
- Normal phase flash chromatography (flash fraction compound confirmation)
- Analytical and/or prep. scale LC/MS
- Other separation techniques such as SFC and IC
The incumbent will provide a scientific foundation to Advion’s Product Application Laboratory by developing a sound understanding of customer needs in these application areas. Incumbent will generate data for application notes and technical literature, and will communicate product operation and sample preparation techniques to customers through demonstrations, training courses, and formal presentations. Up to 50% travel may be required, working onsite with customers.
- MS or higher degree in organic, synthetic, medicinal or analytical chemistry. Other degree with demonstrated experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of both organic chemistry and mass spectrometry, providing an in depth knowledge and experience in use of atmospheric pressure ionization mass spectrometry for applications in synthetic organic chemistry. Must be familiar with electrospray and atmospheric pressure chemical ionization sources.
- Three or more years of experience of application development in LC/MS or similar analytical field.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, detailed knowledge of modern atmospheric pressure ionization mass spectrometry and sample preparation, preferably with a background in synthetic chemistry.
- A demonstrated background of hardware skills and ability to troubleshoot scientific instruments is a distinct advantage.
Field Service Engineer
The Field Service Engineer provides product demonstrations, installation and training, troubleshooting, corrective and preventive maintenance, phone-based technical support and potential application development. The position requires engineering, analytical troubleshooting, and computer skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with Advion’s customer base.
The position requires an engineering or science degree and/or significant relevant electro/mechanical experience. Must have field service experience and ability to leverage engineering basics, computer skills, and associated chemistry skills. Requires 80% travel. May require international travel. Applications knowledge in some areas of mass spectrometry and LC/MS applications is highly desirable.
The Manager, Materials is responsible for all purchasing, materials planning, shipping, receiving, and warehousing activities associated with the design, development and manufacture of Advion products. Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the timely procurement of goods and services to support company-wide operating objectives by working closely with sales and operating organizations. Maintain the Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system.
- Negotiate prices and contracts for purchased goods and services.
- Managing on-going cost reduction efforts to ensure attainment of financial objectives.
- Managing material planning activities in support of manufacturing work cells to ensure production schedules are met.
- Managing shipping/receiving functions to include import/export of products, compliance with OSHA guidelines, and proper handling of hazardous materials.
- Managing inventory by implementing controls and monitoring tools to ensure accuracy and proper levels are maintained.
- BS/BA degree in Engineering or Business-related field. (Significant, related experience may substitute for the degree requirement)
- 5+ years of relevant, management experience in a product manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of JDE is a plus.