Responsible to develop applications and perform sample preparation and MS analysis in the key disciplines of:
• Reaction monitoring in flow and batch chemistry by LC/MS and flow injection
• Normal phase flash chromatography (flash fraction compound confirmation)
• Analytical and/or prep. scale LC/MS
• Other separation techniques such as SFC and IC
The incumbent will provide a scientific foundation to Advion’s Product Application Laboratory by developing a sound understanding of customer needs in these application areas. Incumbent will generate data for application notes and technical literature, and will communicate product operation and sample preparation techniques to customers through demonstrations, training courses, and formal presentations. Up to 25% travel may be required, working onsite with customers.
- MS or higher degree in organic, synthetic, medicinal or analytical chemistry. Other degree with demonstrated experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of both organic chemistry and mass spectrometry, providing an in depth knowledge and experience in use of atmospheric pressure ionization mass spectrometry for applications in synthetic organic chemistry. Must be familiar with electrospray and atmospheric pressure chemical ionization sources.
- Three or more years of experience of application development in LC/MS or similar analytical field
Senior RF Engineer
Responsible for system design and integration for new products requiring a solid, overall knowledge of electrical/electronic design of RF circuits for mass spectrometers. Responsibilities will also include development of initial design concept and implementation of approved designs into the manufacturing process.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, mechanical engineering; PhD a plus
- Expert-level knowledge of analytical laboratory instruments, specifically scientific principles and techniques of quadrupole mass spectrometers.
- Expert-level knowledge of Mass Spectrometer RF systems; high voltage, digital/analog circuits, RF circuits
- Track record of success in concept, development, design, launch and support of modern quadrupole mass spectrometers.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrable experience in development environment.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrable experience with laboratory instruments.
- Project Management Planning (PMP) certification — a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to manage/participate in multiple projects.
Additional information is available from the Human Resources department. Please email, mail, or fax resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
10 Brown Road
Ithaca, NY 14850