Advion, Inc., with North American headquarters in Ithaca, NY, designs, develops, and manufactures mass spectrometers, chip-based ion sources, and microfluidic flow chemistry systems and consumables for the life sciences and related industries. We are the growing supplier of choice for our industrial and academic customers who are demanding accurate mass analysis, higher synthetic yields/throughput, and more productive research and scale-up. We are currently seeking to fill the following position in Ithaca:
APPLICATIONS CHEMIST/SCIENTIST – R&D
The Application Chemist/Scientist will assist in the development of new mass detection systems and accessories by developing applications and performing sample preparation and mass spectrometer analysis.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Validate instrument (mass spec related) performance and provide feedback to hardware and software development teams.
- Develop effective analytical methodology for the analysis of organic molecules by mass spectrometry.
- Collaborate on R&D projects by working with Advion colleagues, industrial collaborators, academic collaborators and key customers.
- Design experiments and execute and interpret analytical data.
- Perform lab analysis in a time-sensitive environment and maintain all related documentation.
- Identify and troubleshoot analytical problems with instrumentation, general chemistry, and computer applications.
- Design method transfer, verification and validation protocols and author reports.
- Present research at conferences.
- Publish in peer reviewed journals.
- Work closely with Product Applications Scientist as part of the science and instrument transition between R&D and Product Management
This position will report to the SVP, Operations and Technology.
- MS or higher degree in physics, organic, synthetic, medicinal or analytical chemistry. Other degree with demonstrated experience will be considered.
- Must be familiar with electrospray and atmospheric pressure chemical ionization sources. ICP-MS knowledge is a considered a plus.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
Advion offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plans and a strong team environment. Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please visit us at www.advion.com to learn more about our company and our revolutionary, new compact mass spectrometer, the expression CMS. Advion is an EOE.