Field Service Engineer – Northeast, US
Advion Interchim Scientific, with North American headquarters in Ithaca, NY, is a technology company focused on leading-edge life science instrumentation and consumable products that improve lives. Our products are found throughout the world, from pharmaceutical companies to leading research universities. We passionately work to support our customers facilitate global change and continuous forward progress.
Our team designs, develops, and manufactures a wide portfolio of laboratory instruments that ranges from media and columns to consumables, accessories, and instruments for flash chromatography, preparative (U)HPLC, analytical (U)HPLC, mass spectrometry, ICP-MS, coupled with intelligent apps and software. We are currently seeking to fill the following position based in the North-East, preferably the greater Boston area.
Field Service Engineer
- Provides on-site installation, maintenance, modification and repair service to ensure AIS’s customers receive the maximum benefit from their AIS mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography products.
- Provides detailed, on-site training on all aspects of the equipment’s use.
- Establishes and maintains customer satisfaction with the continued performance of their Advion products.
- Plans and prepares the necessary parts, test equipment, technical documentation, etc. to complete daily field service activities.
- Completes and submits the necessary documentation (field service reports, expense reports, quality reports, etc.) in a timely fashion in order to generate customer billings and to provide technical feedback on product reliability or quality issues.
- Maintains and expands technical knowledge through attendance in training and in self-study.
- Maintains awareness of new technical information, policy and procedures, and quality issues through regular contact with management, sales, and engineering personnel.
- Maintains effective communications with sales personnel to exploit sales opportunities and to resolve customer problems.
- Ensures that tools, test equipment, parts, etc. are properly maintained and organized to provide maximum efficiency.
This position will report directly to Lee Collier, Manager Customer Service, North America.
- Analytical Science or engineering degree in relevant area and/or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of mass spectrometry instrumentation and liquid chromatography principles (analytical or preparative HPLC, Flash) is required
- Experience with field service and ability to leverage engineering basics and computer skills is desired
- Ability to communicate effectively with AIS’s customer base and in-house personnel.
- Requires 90% overnight travel. May require occasional international travel
Advion Interchim Scientific offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plans and a strong team environment. Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please visit us at www.advion-interchim.com to learn more about our company and our tailored solutions to improve our customers’ most challenging identification, quantification, and purification needs with our broad range of innovative instruments, consumables, reagents, and scientific expertise. Advion Interchim Scientific is an EOE.
Advion Interchim Scientific is the market-facing name of a partnership between Advion, Inc. and Interchim SAS, separate companies that have agreed to market and distribute their products together.