Quality Control Inspector II
Advion, Inc., with headquarters in Ithaca, NY, designs, develops, and manufactures mass spectrometers, chip-based ion sources, and microfluidic flow chemistry systems and consumables for the life sciences and related industries. We are the growing supplier of choice for our industrial and academic customers who are demanding accurate mass analysis, higher synthetic yields/throughput, and more productive research and scale-up. We are currently seeking a Quality Control Inspector II to join our team. This position will be based in our Trumansburg, NY facility approximately three days a week, and in our Ithaca facility in the Cornell Research Park when not in Trumansburg.
The Quality Control Inspector II will perform a variety of Quality activities such as first article inspection, in-process inspection, and final inspection and will maintain associated records. Principal responsibilities include:
- Inspecting the acceptability of materials by thorough examination (visual and mechanical) according to material specifications (engineering drawings and specification sheets) and using the appropriate inspection tools (including micrometers, calipers, height gauges, etc.).
- Conducting documentation reviews, ensuring that all information recorded on quality records are complete, accurate and archived appropriately.
- Maintaining calibration records and organizing calibration of measurement devices
- Supporting, as needed, the implementation and maintenance of job-related quality systems.
- Performing other, ad hoc activities as needed to support the quality and manufacturing operations
- Associate’s degree in related field preferred and at least two years of relevant experience.
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings and follow both written and verbal work instructions.
- Prior machining experience a plus.
- Prior ISO 9001 or equivalent QMS experience preferred
- Utilizes basic computer skills such as MS Word and MS Excel to enter data, complete and document work.
Advion offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit plans and a strong team environment. Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit us at www.advion.com to learn more about our company and our revolutionary, new compact mass spectrometer, the expression CMS. Advion is an EOE.