A book of experiments for your students
The expression® CMS (Compact Mass Spectrometer) is the ideal instrument for the teaching lab thanks to its small size, ease of use, and one-click software. This pocket guide of classroom experiments offers students the ability to gain hands-on instrument experience by eliminating complex and difficult sample preparation.
In this application note, we show how Cyanidin-3-glucoside can be extracted from black rice and purified with a prepLC/Flash system. The amount and purity of Cyanidin-3-glucoside was measured utilizing a certified reference standard.
In this application note, a method to separate and purify green tea catechins with preparative liquid chromatography (Prep-LC) using the puriFlash® 5.250 system is demonstrated. An additional HPLC-UV-MS method is also demonstrated for compound confirmation and purity analysis.
The NEW puriFlash® XS-Vap, your intuitive laboratory evaporator. X-tra compact. X-tra intuitive. X-tra efficient. X-tra evaporation.
Reduce evaporation time and gas consumption with the most advanced evaporator on the market. The puriFlash® XS-Vap offers an extensive range of benefits over the competition:
- Compact and robust
- Dedicated to solvent evaporation & concentration
- Up to 90 samples in parallel
- From 1mL to 250mL per position
- Low gas consumption due to nozzle adjustment
- Integrated software
- Compatible with puriFlash racks
The compound synthesis, purification, and confirmation processes often present challenges. From ensuring successful synthesis of your product, setting up a flash purification method, and finally confirming ID of fractions, the lengthy workflow can be time consuming and repetitive. This webinar will provide a foundation for flash purification processes and will showcase a novel workflow concept that breaks down the process into easy steps for optimal success. We will offer tips to optimize each essential segment of the workflow, and share seamless steps to quickly and easily drive the process from reaction monitoring to flash purification and fraction ID.
Presented by Chase Needham, Application Scientist—Flash and Prep LC
Advion Interchim Scientific. This webinar was hosted by Lab Manager and recorded 9/30/21.
Flash chromatography has traditionally used UV absorption as the main method of detection for compounds during a purification process. While UV absorption is broadly applicable to many classes of compounds, it has limited specificity to individual compounds in a mixture and misses classes of compounds that do not carry chromophores.
Mass-directed fraction collection gives users the ability to collect fractions based on mass spectrometry detection (MS) which is based on ions specific to individual compounds and provides specific molecular information. This allows for simplification in the overall purification process and greater confidence in the identity of each isolated compound. Here we describe methods of isolating natural products from green tea and turmeric powder by mass-directed fraction collection during flash chromatography and preparative LC.
This poster was presented at the 2021 ASMS national conference in Philadelphia, PA.
Lab Manager Tech Trends Webinar. Recorded August 11, 2021.
This webinar features the Interchim PuriFlash® flash purification and preparative HPLC system and demonstrates separation of natural products, purification of specific target molecules and the combination of mass spectrometry detection of the same both for product confirmation and mass directed fraction collection using an Advion expression® compact mass spectrometer.
As a viewer, you will learn more about:
- Natural product separation and analyte isolation from tea and herbs/spices starting from TLC separation
- Column selection criteria for flash chromatography and preparative reverse phase HPLC
- Integrating mass spectrometry detection of analytes from TLC plates and collected fractions
- Mass spectrometry directed fraction collection to simplify the entire workflow and automate purification processes
In this exclusive webinar, our cannabis instrumentation experts will share information about solutions that relieve the purification bottleneck for processors.
This 15-minute on-demand session will cover:
- Pesticide remediation and dewaxing
- THC remediation
- Minor cannabinoid purification
- In-house analytical
- System and Consumable options
This 159-page educational eBook is a comprehensive manual on high-throughput purification – from the theory and principles of chromatography through to method development and column selection. This valuable book offers an incredible opportunity for both beginners and experts alike to learn more about the science of chromatography and can improve your workflow and productivity. Chapter highlights include:
- Theoretical Principles (37 pages)
- Methods Development & Optimization” (45 pages) including TLC, Separative Methods transfer, Methods for Peptides purification, Injection method in Flash, Method optimisation and columns sizing
- Stationary Phases and Columns (45 pages) including Characteristics & Selection Guide, Stationary phases.
- Applications (26 pages)
- Technical Tips (15 pages)
- Troubleshooting (21 pages)