- Toluene-assisted APCI (TAPCI) can generate (M)+· and (M+H)+ ions from analytes that cannot be ionized by ESI or APCI.
- Elemental formula prediction at 250 ppm accuracy and isotope distribution matching by TAMI (Tal Aviv Molecule Identifier) supports analyte identification.
- Combining both TAPCI and TAMI on the expression compact mass spectrometer (CMS) provides a cost-effective analysis platform for a wide range of compounds.
Many compounds in organic synthetic chemistry either have no functional group, a C=O carbonyl group, or protected functional groups and are difficult to ionize by ESI or APCI for detection by mass spectrometry. TAPCI has been shown to ionize compounds to (M)+· and (M+H)+ protonated molecules not accessible by ESI or APCI MS analysis. The ionization is believed to include a charge transfer reaction in the APCI plasma region of the source. Elemental formula prediction using TAMI allows analyte identification on a single quadrupole mass spectrometer with mass accuracy in the 250 ppm range, isotope pattern analysis and auto comparison to NIST databases. Here, we investigate the use of both techniques on the expression CMS as an attractive and cost-effective solution for analyte identification covering an increased compound space.
Quant Express, an addition to Advion’s user-friendly Mass Express 4.0 software suite, features quantitation to create a fully integrated software system for expression CMS users.
With decades of mass spectrometry and chemistry expertise, Advion Interchim Scientific has produced a family of compact mass spectrometers designed for the chemist. The affordability, small size and ease of use make them ideal for use directly at the chemist’s bench, giving immediate answers and informed decisions instead of waiting.
The Advion Interchim Scientific expression® compact mass spectrometer (CMS) is a fast and easy analytical tool for the organic chemist. Ideal for fast reaction monitoring, the expression® CMS features a single quadrupole that can adapt to multiple ionization sources in seconds, including both ESI and APCI. The mass spectrometer works in a variety of applications, including food and beverage, pharmaceutical, biomedical, peptides and proteins, drug discovery and more. The expression® CMS offers a variety of novel sampling techniques, including:
- Direct mass analysis of TLC plates in 30 seconds at the push of a button with Plate Express™
- One-touch analysis of solids and liquid samples with the ASAP® probe
- Many more options and configurations to suit your needs
Learn more about the different sample techniques available with the expression® CMS, including fast assay methods for liquids, solids, gases, and even air-sensitive compounds.
Fill out the form to download the full expression® CMS brochure now.
The expression CMS was developed with the chemist’s objectives and laboratory workflow in mind. Organic, Natural Product and Peptide chemists utilize many techniques to determine the progress, yield and purity of their reactions.