Nanoelectrospray ionization technology
The TriVersa NanoMate LESA® is the latest in chip-based electrospray ionization technology from Advion. It combines the benefits of liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, chip-based infusion, fraction collection, and direct surface analysis into one integrated ion source platform.
Obtain more information from complex samples than LC/MS alone
The TriVersa NanoMate integrates with:
- Advion ESI Chip®
- LC/MS with Fraction Collection for Re-Analysis by Infusion
- Liquid Extraction Surface Analysis (LESA and LESAplus)
Advion ESI Chip
The ESI Chip unleashes the power of mass spectrometry through miniaturization. This microfluidics chip contains an array of 400 nano-electrospray nozzles, etched in a silicon wafer. The fabrication method is highly reproducible to ensure the integrity and equal performance of each nozzle. The electrical field created by the nano-electrospray nozzles results in a highly efficient ionization and long-lasting, stable spray from µL of sample volume.
- ESI chips are available in three different nozzle emitter sizes from 2.5 µm to 5.5 µm ID
- Internal chip void volume in the pL range allows for 15 min spray times from only 3 µL of sample
- Automated sample handling can deliver spray from samples in 96, 384 or 1536 well plates
- Silicon chip design delivers superior electric field strength and ionization efficiency
- Internal counter electrode allows for spray sensing and recovery feature
Chip-based Direct Infusion and LC/MS Fraction Collection with Re-analysis by Infusion
The TriVersa NanoMate is the only automated ion source platform that allows high throughput infusion experiments for small or large analytes in applications ranging from shotgun lipidomics and non-covalent interaction studies (NCI) to protein characterization.
The TriVersa NanoMate was developed to operate as a nano-ESI ion source for LC/MS applications. Excess LC eluate can be utilized for additional fraction collection to create physical storage of the LC/MS experiment and allows re-analysis of fractions of interest as identified by the online LC/MS run.
Liquid Extraction Surface Analysis (LESA and LESAplus)
LESA was developed in collaboration with Dr. Gary van Berkel from the Oak Ridge National Laboratories. Its unique surface extraction via a liquid droplet held in suspension (liquid junction) allows a novel approach for spatially resolved analysis of biological and technical surfaces of interest:
- Fast, simple and direct analysis
- 1 mm spatial resolution (LESA); 400 µm resolution (LESAplus)
- Liquid extraction and nESI based analysis
- High sensitivity due to nESI ionization and analyte extraction into only 1 µL of solvent
- Optional nLC separation (LESAplus)
“The TriVersa NanoMate eliminates traditional nanoelectrospray challenges.”
“Essential for any Lipidomics Laboratory.”
“The TriVersa NanoMate revolutionized nanospray.”
“I can’t imagine running these analyses without the TriVersa NanoMate”
“Advion’s technology gives you what you want very quickly.”