Join us on the expo floor August 20-22 in Washington, DC for the annual Fall American Chemical Society conference. Here you will have many opportunities to learn about Advion’s suite of mass spec products and novel sample techniques. Please stop by booth #1401 to learn more about Advion’s full array of MS tools for chemists.
This year, we are hosting a workshop titled, “Mass Spectrometry for Chemists – Direct Analysis of TLC Plates, Solids, Liquids and Gases.”
Date/Time/Location: Tuesday, August 22, 9:30a-12p — Room 4 on the Conference Floor, complimentary breakfast will be served
Description:With the daily need to analyze a variety of solids, liquids and gases sample techniques are indispensable in a busy lab. Learn how a single instrument can be adapted to each of these sample requirements and rapidly changed to accommodate back-to-back assays. Listen to users in the field speak about innovative sample inlets, including:
- ASAP® (Atmospheric Solids Analysis Probe) – now compatible with air sensitive compounds with the addition of the iASAP probe
- Direct flow injection
- vAPCI for analysis of headspaces
Learn how they reduced sample preparation and streamlined their everyday workflow. Also learn about two new exciting product launches from Advion.
- David Patteson, Advion President & CEO
- Jack Henion, Ph. D., Advion Co-Founder and Chief Scientific Officer, Emeritus Professor, Cornell University
- John Matson, Ph. D., Matson Research Group on Macromolecular and Supramolecular Chemistry, Assistant Professor, Virginia Tech – Peptide-Based Materials for Controlled Delivery of Hydrogen Sulfide
- Keri Colabroy, Ph. D., Associate Professor of Chemistry, Muhlenberg College & Brock Juliano, Student – CMS assisted identification of Small-Molecule, Bacterial Metabolites Using ESI with Direct Injection
- Neil Vasdev, Ph. D., Vasdev Lab at Massachusetts General Hospital, Director of Radiochemistry, Associate Professor of Radiology, Harvard – Applications of the CMS in a Radiochemistry Lab
Advion will also launch two new technologies in to the expression CMS family:
- The Peak Express software, featuring a new way to generate mass spectra and mass chromatograms that reveals previously hidden peaks.
- The new Advion LC. Easy to use UHPLC/MS and HPLC/MS with best in class performance.
Looking for more ACS details? Visit the official site for lectures, exhibitors, posters, social events and more!
Background: The American Chemical Society National Meeting takes place in the spring and fall each year, offering the latest in chemistry developments, achievements and awards. The 2017 ACS fall meeting is in Washington, D.C., August 20-24. The expo floor where Advion will be located is open August 20-22. We hope to see you at ACS Fall 2017!